1. Portugal is clean. No litter. Anywhere! The metro is clean..it's noticiple!
2. Friendly folks! Helpful and gracious to tourists even with the language barriers.
3. Oh. The Food! Affordable, lots of it and oh so tasty!
4. Lisbon is the City of stairs. Sensible shoes are a must.
5. Tips are not expected but joyfully received!
6. Cabs are cheaper and more time efficient than the metro... treat yourself! Plus cabbies love their city!
7. Some attractions are overburdened with people.... measure your "line time" against how much you really want that your!
8. Gingja is a portugese liquor made by infusing ginja berries into a cherry liquor. Beirao is a liquor of 22% alcohol! Both are worth trying!
9. Coffee drinkers may be disappointed. But have no fear, there is a Starbucks on every corner!
10. Set some time to explore outside of Lisbon! The country is very special!