To complain at all about any part of this trip seems childish. What is there to really complain about when you are in a beautiful part of the world? We are blessed to be here, right?
So I'm writing this blog more as an FYI than a travelers pity party! I mean really, cue the smallest violin.
1. Choosing a hotel after traveling all night with early Check in is a MUST! Even if that hotel says they will let you Check in early you ought to Check their early Check in policy. We walked around Amsterdam for 5 hours in a travel coma waiting for our early check in! Ugh
2. Amsterdam has the red double decker hop on hop off buses! 6 buses... They over sell the tickets so the hopping on and off is a myth. It's part of their business model. So if you go to Amsterdam and want this tour...stay on the bus for one full round and then get off where you were most intrigued! But don't expect to get back on!!!
3. Tam Way is a popular Chinese restaurant in Amsterdam. Make reservations. Our party of 6 waited 2 hours ...in a crazy stairway...while people with reservations breezed by us...
4. Wear comfortable shoes. Always!
5. If your bike leader says "20 minutes to hot shower on the boat" after riding 10 miles in wind driven rain between canals, don't believe him. You must take into account he's on an electric bike. That the pace is set by him and what he really meant to say was 45 minutes! Push through it..
6. Always pack your most comfortable sweats even if you think they are too old and ratty. Because after two days and 44 bicycle miles...you will want your very favorite comfy clothes.
End of rant!